Four Pillars Gin Seeks UK Ambassador
Mar 4th, 2018
Fancy becoming the UK Ambassador for Four Pillars Gin? Know all there is to know about gin, juniper, cocktails and everything in between? We just might have the job for you.
Four Pillars was established by Cameron, Matt and Stuart, and they sold their first batch of Rare Dry Gin through a crowdfunding campaign on Pozible in late 2013 to a very enthusiastic group of gin-lovers.
They embarked on a tour of the US West Coast, from Portland down to San Francisco, identifying distilling techniques and equipment they admired. What stood out most to them was that all the gins they loved on their trip were made in a Carl still.
18 months later, they took delivery of their own custom-built still from Carl of Germany, and we called her Wilma (after Cameron’s beautiful but explosively tempered late mother). And Wilma turned out to be amazing, drawing extraordinary botanical flavour from a combination of rare, native and traditional botanicals…
Now, in 2017, they have five different gins, multiple gold medals at international spirits competitions and a distillery operation and tasting bar in Healesville, Yarra Valley in what was once a timber yard. They opened in November 2015 and they are now a part of the new wave of producers in the Yarra.
About the role:
As UK Ambassador, you will be the leading expert on Four Pillars Gin (FPG) in the UK. You will work closely with the Four Pillars Gin head office in Melbourne, Australia along with Four Pillars Gin UK distributor, Love Drinks.
Your role will be to increase awareness of Four Pillars amongst key influencers in the on-trade (e.g. bartenders), premium off-trade, and serve as a resource/support for Love Drinks (e.g. special events, trade shows etc.)
This is a part-time role and will be based out of London or at the very least England’s south-east. Ideally this role is suited to someone who currently works within the trade (i.e. bartender/retailer) who can commit 2 x days a week to FPG activity.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
Brand Education (Industry and Trade)
• Develop, implement and manage Brand Education programs for industry and trade partners
• Be a local expert on the bartender and cocktail scene in order to identify opportunities for the brand to engage with influential bartenders and gatekeepers
• Build and retain excellent customer relationships, making Four Pillars their top-of-mind choice for premium Gin
• Visit key accounts to establish and build relationships with key influencers
• Open new key accounts or increase volumes in existing accounts in the form of menu listings, house pours etc
• Conduct in-store tastings at key off-prem accounts in order to driver awareness and volume
Staff training – On and Off Premise
• Conduct staff trainings in order to increase bartender and retailer knowledge of Four Pillars Gin brand
• Proactively identify opportunities for trainings within key venues and accounts
Events and activations
• Lead Four Pillars and Love Drinks UK involvement in key industry events
• Manage strategic consumer activations, ensuring brand integrity is upheld at all times; assist with setup, merchandising and breakdown of events as required
• Represent the Four Pillars Gin at various trade and consumer events including trade shows, festivals etc
• Schedule and execute event activations (with the approval of head office) such as bar takeovers, masterclasses etc
• Leverage a vibrant and charismatic attitude to win over media and create PR buzz
• Generate brand amplification and engagement through social media
• Report weekly on daily activity and progress, with a clear rolling forward plan.
• Strong existing relationships within the hospitality industry
• Ability to work autonomously and proactively
• 5+ years nightlife industry experience (on-trade sales, restaurant/bar management)
• Bartender experience preferred; must be able to keep pace with top-end bartenders
• Experience with or broad understanding of National Accounts in this market.
• Extensive knowledge and interest in the gin category
• Active and well-networked on multiple social media platforms
• Ability to travel overnight as required
• Budget management (if/when required)
• English speaking and full UK driver’s licence
• Charismatic and confident; articulate
We will be meeting potential candidates for the role on Tuesday 28th March. To apply for the role, please send your CV and covering letter telling us what you can bring to Four Pillars and the role. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading Four Pillars Ambassador. Deadline for applications is Wednesday 22nd March.