Lowlander Beer Poorter
You say ‘Porter’. We say ‘Poorter.’
Some say the beer known as ‘Porter’ is of Dutch Origin. ‘Poorter’ was long favoured by hard-working labourers for its hearty and refreshing taste. Lowlander’s Poorter celebrates the haul of exotic botanicals by Poorters from the dockside into Amsterdam warehouses. Climb aboard!
Inspiration -Whether the Poorter was or wasn’t originally born in the Lowlands, when conceiving theirs, Lowlander Beer wanted a robust Porter, with the addition of both vanilla and liquorice (a long favoured flavour in the Lowlands) to create something smooth, bold and unapologetically Dutch.
• Liquorice root – brings a unique depth of earthiness and sweetness
• Vanilla – used for valuable sweetness
• Malts: (Malted) barley (Black, Caramel, Chocolate)
• Botanicals: Liquorice roots, Vanilla and Hops
• Colour: Black
• Taste: Robust intenseness and depth with a sweet finish
• Food Pairings: Pair with roasted or grilled meats or (chocolate) desserts