Love Drinks Seeks Customer Development Manager East London
Jun 20th, 2019
Love Drinks – Nurturing Incredible Brands
Customer Development Manager
Location: East London
Job Type: Part Time (opportunity to move to F/T)
About the Role
We are looking for an amazing individual whose enthusiasm bowls us over! Our Customer Development Manager role will suit an individual who’s is passionate for all things craft, with the determination to drive distribution, visibility and growth for the Love Drinks Portfolio. Must be results orientated, a good listener with a competitive spirit.
At Love Drinks we have a consultative approach to selling and the successful candidate will understand the importance of sustainable brand building in a cluttered market. The Love Drinks candidate will have on trade experience, knowledge of the key areas and have strong community relationships.
Reporting to the Managing Director this is a critical role where experience of sales skills is required to take Love Drinks forward. The successful candidate will be responsible for growing volume, distribution and profit within the independent free trade, regional groups and activating during key periods to deliver engaging customer experiences to generate footfall.
- Using excellent communication and relationship building skills, successful candidates will be responsible for using their already demonstrable trade and sales experience to increase sales across both new and existing business.
- Drive distribution, visibility and activation (DVA) to increase ROS for the Love Drinks portfolio.
- Manage and grow an extensive and diverse account base. Develop strong and loyal relationships with key purchasing managers across the On and Off Trade.
- Work alongside marketing and brand ambassadors to develop and execute marketing activities.
- Seek new business opportunities within the channel to ensure growth across the portfolio.
- Be confident in building customer account plans to deliver against agreed KPI’s and targeted business growth.
- Management of budgets to ensure all marketing and sales activity drives a positive ROI.
- Deliver presentations which clearly identifying category and market data and trends to influence decision making to benefit the customer and Love Drinks portfolio.
- Work closely with RTM to ensure product availability for end users.
- Support the wider team with national account callage, ensure attendance for brand ambassador events and brand owner visits.
- Attend trade shows and industry events when required.
- Knowledge of the drinks industry essential
- Good understanding of the UK on trade
- An unrivalled passion for selling premium products
- Team player demonstrating collaboration and communication
- A natural ability to build relationships with integrity.
- Ability to support a high-performance team
- Confident and persuasive communication style
- A high achiever with a strong ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to make a difference and make it happen
- Proactive and has the ability to rise to the challenge
- Positive, resilient, self-starter
- Organised and open to change
Your career history to date will show evidence of a journey that demonstrates background, skills and behaviours like the below:
- Strong sales and time management skills with an emphasis on developing superb and sustainable customer relationships. You’ll be tenacious and resilient with great listening skills and the flexibility to respond creatively to customer needs.
- Credible background within the drinks sector and experience of working with bars, wholesalers and specialist retailers.
- Outstanding commercial acumen. You will be comfortable using your strong numeric and strategic skill set to understand customers and identify key value areas.
- Exceptional communication skills. A highly developed influencing style and facilitative manner will enable you to engage effectively with customers to develop strong and productive relationships, and the trust necessary to explore new ways of working.
- You’ll thrive on the ability to take decisions and make things happen. The business is receptive to new ideas and responsive to customer demands. The right candidate will be able to work with autonomy, accountability and purpose to drive real change and deliver exceptional results.
Remuneration and Rewards:
Love Drinks place a real emphasis on developing their employees and you will be able to take advantage of mentoring and support to achieve your career goals as well as development opportunities.
The company aims to promote an inclusive and supportive working environment where no one person is bigger than the team. A good team spirit is evident as a result of the visibility of the senior team and interaction with staff at all levels. The company takes pride in achieving high levels of customer satisfaction recognizing it as vital for driving a profitable and successful business.
Basic Salary – £22k – £25k depending on experience (pro-rata)
Annual Bonus – 10% based on company Performance and personal KPI’s
Benefits package – Pensions Contributions (3% & 3%), Westfield Health Care, Monthly Incentives, Cycle Scheme, Day off on Love Drinks’ birthday, annual away days and regular get-togethers to celebrate the team’s successes
Initial interviews will be conducted by Rachel Wright (Head of RTM) and a shortlist of second interviews will conducted by Samantha Burke.
Verification of sales performance is expected to be provided by the appropriate documentation. References will be taken up from candidates receiving an offer of employment.
Rachel Wright firstname.lastname@example.org